Croatian Catholic Church Clifton Hill, a photo by Hecuba’s Story on Flickr.
The Croatian Catholic Church in Wellington Street Clifton Hill has been operating since 1961. The foundation stone of this church, a former Wesleyan Church, was laid on 13 December 1886. The parsonage in Hodgkinson Street was built in 1881. Due to low attendances, the Wesleyan Church closed down in October 1961 but was purchased by the Croatian Catholics and had operated as St Nicholas’ Croatian Catholic Church since that date.