Hotel:Builders Arms Hotel

Hotel ID No13

Hotel Address:

[325] Victoria Street (northeast corner of Nicholson Street)
Abbotsford 3067
Australia
Map It

Suburb:

Abbotsford

Most Recent Name:

Builders Arms Hotel (1878 - 1918)

Previous Name(s):

Glasgow Arms (1868 - 1870), Sportsman's Arms (1871 - 1877)

Hotel Address:

[325] Victoria Street (northeast corner of Nicholson Street)
Abbotsford 3067
Australia
Map It

When Built/Licenced:

1868

When Delicensed:

1918

Status of Building:

Demolished

Rebuilt/Altered:

N/A

Heritage Victoria Register:

N/A

National Trust Register:

N/A

Collingwood Conservation Study 1989 & 1995:

N/A

City of Yarra Heritage Review 1998:

N/A

City of Yarra Review of Heritage Overlay Areas, 2007 & Heritage Database:

N/A

Maps:

Kearney 1855: N ; Hodgkinson 1858: Building on site, unnamed ; MMBW: Detail Plan 1310, 1901 (no. 325, unnamed )

Comments:

The first licensee was Ellen Collins; Richard Broughton, who had been the publican at several other hotels in Victoria Street, took over from 1878 until 1887; Mrs Ellen O'Shannessy was in charge from 1888 to 1894, while Mrs Morris managed only a brief stint from 1895 to 1896.