Hotel:Earl of Zetland Hotel

Hotel ID No29

Hotel Address:

Stanley Street, north side opposite Little Oxford Street
Collingwood 3066
Australia
Map It

Suburb:

Collingwood

Most Recent Name:

Earl of Zetland Hotel (1855 - 1925)

Previous Name(s):

N/A

When Built/Licenced:

1855

When Delicensed:

1925

Status of Building:

Demolished

Heritage Victoria Register:

N/A

National Trust Register:

N/A

Collingwood Conservation Study 1989 & 1995:

N/A

City of Yarra Heritage Review 1998:

N/A

City of Yarra Review of Heritage Overlay Areas, 2007 & Heritage Database:

N/A

Maps:

Kearney 1855: Y ; Hodgkinson 1858: Y ; MMBW: Detail Plan 1196, 1900

Comments:

A substantial three-story corner stone building. The first publican was Samuel Turner, who was active in the Licensed Victuallers' Association. IN the 1870s it advertised 'furnished bedrooms 5s each with or without board'