Hotel:Town Hall Hotel
 Hoddle Street, between Vere and Gipps streets (west side)
Town Hall Hotel (1908 - 1972)
Victoria Hotel (1858 - 1907)
Demolished 1972 for the widening of Hoddle Street
Kearney 1855: N/A ; Hodgkinson 1858: N/A ; MMBW: Detail Plan 1199 & 1200, 1899
James Cattach was an early licensee at this rendered stone two-storey hotel, before moving to the newly-opened British Crown in Smith Street.
One would think that the construction of the Town Hall over the road in the 1880s provided the owner with an opportunity to bask in the reflected glory and civic pride of the grand boom-style edifice by changing the hotel name, but in fact it was another twenty years before this happened.
The hotel was bought by the Board of Works in early 1971 in preparation for the Hoddle Street road widening but continued operating until May 1972.