Hotel:Post Office Hotel
 Smith Street, between the Grace Darling Hotel & Mac's Hotel
Post Office Hotel (1866 - 1868)
Kearney 1855: N ; Hodgkinson 1858: N ; MMBW: N/A
This short-lived wooden ten-roomed hotel was listed in the Sands & McDougall Directories and council ratebooks of 1867 and 1868. At the time most of the shops in this section of Smith Street were early wooden structures, soon to be replaced by brick and stucco. On 7 March 1868 auctioneer Alfred Cooper auctioned the furniture and stock of the hotel 'on account of the proprietor leaving the colony'. ( The Argus, 7 March 1868, page 2).
This hotel is not to be confused with a hotel of the same name on the Fitzroy side of Smith Street from 1871 onwar